Sunday, May 20, 2012

Exercise the Vocabulary of Thanks and Appreciation


by Juliet Nazarrea

A hundred times every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life depend on the labors of other men,
living and dead, and that I must exert myself in order to give in the same measure as have received and
Am still receiving. 
                              -Albert Einstein

My young Pastor sitting next to me asked once, Are you sure you want this Water Baptism?
Ate Juliet, after this ... there's no backing off! I looked at the young man's face. Full face of
someone who loved life and loved the world by serving God. He poured out to me his hopes,
his dreams of starting a church. It is not by chance that I've been set in this group. It is the Lord's plan.
To be with people who pack meaning into their lives: Faith, Goodness, Love, Hope, Fellowship,
and every other good thing.  

Recently, i had my one month vacation in the Philippines with my family. When I came back, 
Sis. Sally helped me with my luggage, my Pastor was teary eyed and open arms for a warm
welcome. It may sound corny but these were simple acts that shows how important you are in
one family is something not to be ignored. It seems like the father longs for a child whose been
away for a while! Pastor Thonext Tan & Sis. Jezreel, thank you for makimg me feel this way.
Sis. Sally and Bro. Nestor, thank you as well for adopting me in your family. I don't have to mention 
how sis. Sally pamper us with her yummy... yummy... sweet & sour fish, chicken adobo, etc.
All members of Nonthaburi Christian Fellowship, I am so happy working with you. I thank the Lord
for the spiritual brotherhood He showers unto us.

In life, an endless thanks to my mentors. I always remember my favorite teacher Mrs. Alicia Parco.
She taught me how to cook, sell, and how to save. I don't forget how thankfull I am for my trainings
here in Thailand. I gleaned it from Ramkamhaeng Institute of Languages, I thank my mentor 
Mr. Lawrie Whitmore for his significant teachings.

My co-teachers in Naga College Foundation.
Of course a special mention to Mr. William Espejo, a friend and a brother to me. My friends from
Basilica Joggers, Mr. Baldoza, Angel & Sioh Tan, Jing Chavez, Boy Lazaro and all. 

Huge thanks to my bestfriend Novilita Nareto Feldman for planting the seed of Christian faith.
To JIL, the first Christian Church that helped me be nourished with the Lord's words.
To my sweet Honey Bunch... Victoria Cura Atun. I love you friend!


I always thank the Lord for my Family. Mama & Papa ..... I love you so much!
My sisters, Francia, Mariso, Luisa, Sofia, & Baby Elena.....
My children Divine, Anjulix, Julie Ann....... and all members of the family....
YOU'RE ALL PRECIOUS GIFTS FROM THE LORD!

Why I am writing this? 
I just like to celebrate people in my life -- past or present, close by as well as far away from me!
I just have this healthy feeling of giving thanks to everyone who contributed to my sense of
well-being, people who helped to making my life so rich and rewarding. The Lord is teaching me 
to give thanks and feel good about myself for honoring the dignity and commitments of others.
A lifetime on this wonderful world doesn't last long, either. It is here today and gone tomorrow.
So I'll love it while i can. Huge thanks to you Oh Lord! To you I give all the Glory! 

No comments:

Post a Comment